Pages - Menu

Friday, January 27, 2012

{ at } home today...keeping it simple

Back in September I had the pleasure of meeting Rachel Ashwell at her new B&B The Prairie in Round Top, Tx!  You can see post here and here.   If you ever have a chance you seriously need to go!  It's the land of shabby chic!  While there I did a little shopping at her store and can I tell you I wanted everything!

 I purchased her latest book which she personally signed,  a couple of her really soft tshirts and a beautiful dream catcher made especially for Rachels stores by Land Rich.  I knew my daughter would love the dream catcher!  She loved it.

We played around with it- hanging it from her ceiling fan, over the window and over her bed but, it just didn't look right.  I was seriously stumped on how to incorporate it in her room - my daughter on the other hand liked it just pinned on the wall-very simple...not me :)  I like simple -something I'm working on but, it was too simple for my taste...it needed something I just couldn't put my finger on it.

Finally,  after leaving it up on the wall like my daughter suggested I decided to frame it!  Still simple..I liked the idea....I had this old frame laying around, hung it above her bed -centering it just right I simply used the push pin it was hanging from and tacked it to the frame.
I say it's really simple & shabby chic-ish!
Her room has been re-arranged since these pictures but I wanted to share a few shots of what it did look like.










if ever stumped on how to hang a dream catcher well here is an idea! :)

 keep it "simple"

**********

if you were wondering why i posted such a lame post yesterday on pencils WELL so am I!  lol
it was just one of those days :)



xo nancy elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. Your daughter's bedroom is still lovely! I love the PEACE sign!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comment!! xo Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...