Pages - Menu

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

{ at } home today....3 weeks gone

I have been MIA for the last 3 weeks or so and finally getting around to getting back to my normal routine.  Sick child and sick dog need I say more?  My girl is good now and well our little Bailey he's hanging in there...had to take him to the vet again yesterday he was having slight heart failure...ugggh I just feel soo bad for him but on the brightside the vet said we he will survive- we just need to keep a close watch on him and continue with heart medicines and so on.

In the midst of all of this we have started on our house again!!  It's  been 3 years since we started our renovation and have yet to complete!{not going to start stressing on that now... right? LOL}We have sooo much to finish and we made a plan to finish the exterior since we are having great weather and it will help with our electric bills this summer!  OMG our electric bill last year was just ridiculus- here in Houston is was extremely dry and hot and when I say HOT I mean HOTTT.  I pray this summer is going to be better.

We started caulking the entire exterior of the house last week and we are almost finished.  I have been debating on paint color.  Currently our home is a biege hardi- you know the color it comes in when you buy it? lol  oh and then a yellow b/c last year they changed the hardi and now it's primered.  Wait and the old grayish green we painted 11 years ago...yep it quite colorful needless to say!

OH forgot to mention we have a section of the house that still has wood exterior that we still need to replace with hardi and original crank windows that are NOT energy effecient by any means...it's freezing in the winter and hot in the summer and it's where we hang out every day the living room. 

Ok I've been stalking "Life in Grace" blog and LOVE LOVE the exterior of her house and interior as well!  She has a section of her house that has hardi shingles and that's what we envisioned 3 years ago for the living room area where we still need to replace the windows and wood.


images from here

here is ours


quite embaressing but it is what it is....we have never put any landscaping in knowing we would eventurally have to rip it out.  These are the original crank windows that are going to be replaced.

Here is the otherside by the front door


 We have also thought about putting wood shutters on each side of the windows?  

Paint- I think we are going to go all white?  I like the color Life in Grace used...I think she said it was Dove White or White Dove by BM...so, i'm going to get a sample and paint it on to see if we like it.

Well that's what I'm up to...hope you have had a better 3 weeks! 
 I sound like it was all bad but it wasn't     
Just busy.

and Shelly if your reading this.... I've been a bad blog friend I'M SORRY :)

we will catch up soon!  

xo nancy elizabeth


1 comment:

  1. Nancy, do not worry. We are all crazy busy these days. I know what it's like to try and complete a home renovation, while conducting a normal living routine of family, work, and extracurricular activities of every kind. So don't worry. I'm still here and not going anywhere far : )! And, I love a white house with shutters--it can be cottage-like or formal, depending on the landscaping and a few extra touches. I will enjoy watching your progress. I look forward to catching up when the time is right! Friends-no matter! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comment!! xo Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...