Pages - Menu

Friday, September 28, 2012

{ at } home today...Post revisited- Gold cRush


I just realized I never posted the "After" of the bathroom chandelier from here.  I went back and forth on gold spray or gold rub ~I decided to use gold rub.   I purchased the gold rub from Micheal's for about $4.00 and I really like the way it turned out.  I was afraid it may look cheap but I was pleasantly surprised how nice it turned out!  It's a very easy application as well you~ just rub with your finger!  
I tried with a brush but didn't work as well as just using your finger.  I applied 2 coats~letting it dry a few minutes between coats.  It dries rather quickly.


here is what it looked like before and a little after I started applying 


and rubbed these drawer pulls that go on my daughter oak night stand..they were a oiled rubbed bronze before

and here it how it looks in the bathroom now

{it's really hard to get good pics in a bathroom with a point and shoot camera and little natural light}







Istn't that ceramic whale planter adorable? My husband bought it many moons ago. 

He put it on the window sil and planted some suculants in it, I really love it.

have a wonderful weekend!!

xo nancy elizabeth







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your comment!! xo Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...