Pages - Menu

Friday, September 14, 2012

{ at } home today...RH & total Randomness

Have you checked your mailbox today??? 

 I was giddy with excitement when I opened up my mailbox and saw this in it!!


the new Restoration Hardware catalog & sidekick!!

It's HUGE like 690 pages!!




looks like they aren't letting go of the tone on tone & masculine theme just yet....

I do love the look and don't get me wrong...I could easily live in any of the rooms! heck yeah!!



Now to RANDOMness....



so I have been walking 3 miles 3 to 4x a week since July!!

I decided in JULY b/f my 42nd bday that it was time to get myself in shape!

I was feeling ALL 42 years and didn't like it!!

During my walks I noticed runners wearing these tube sock things.. I was curious of why they wore these...

 maybe it helped circulation or something? 

I have a few friends who are runners and asked them...they really didn't know either..they guess circulation as well...


Right before school started I went to Sports Authority to buy a pair of back to school tennis shoes for my daughter and saw a huge display of different type of compression gear...
ankle, knee and these compression sleeves from adidas 
i've previously went to Academy and they had NO idea what I was talking about..{Academy is a sports type store here in Houston}...not sure if they are all over or not...so anyways, 

so
I asked the sales guy what the sleeves were for and all he could tell me is that they are suppose wear tight on your calf to help circulate the blood flow in your legs...SOLD

Why SOLD-here's why


 my calves get really tight for about a mile into my walk that they feel like they are going to POP!  I still haven't been to the doctor but really need to go...it may be circulation problems!  

I've been wearing them for a few weeks and have noticed a little difference in my calves.
not sure if it's because of these sleeves or my legs are finally working correctly 
but I feel they don't stay tight as long as they use to?


now the downside- they are not cheap-set u back $30 but, wayyy cheaper than others at fancier work-out gear boutiques in my area.

Have you ever tried any of the compression sleeves? if so, what do you think?

looking forward to my Friday night sipping on a glass of wine and flipping through the new RH catalog!!

What are your plans for this weekend? 

xo nancy elizabeth

{disclaimer- not endorsed by Adidas in any way shape or form..my opinion only but would love to try other Adidas gear will send it to me!!}

1 comment:

  1. RH is incredible! I, too, could live in any of the rooms they showcase, but I'd prefer to take pieces from them and place them in my own styled rooms.

    And, believe it or not, compression gear is being used on patients in the hospitals, too. The first time I learned what compression gear was, was when my oldest was wearing it when running triathlons, and when resting from training. Then, recently my mom had surgery, and lo-and-behold, they put compression socks on her before going into surgery. Go figure!

    Glad you are taking care of yourself. I am in the same boat.

    Have a wonderful weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your comment!! xo Nancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...